I hope that these last many days have found you well. My Step-Mom had surgery today for a hip replacement. Last I heard, she is doing fine and is in her room. Thank God that this went OK.
Sorry that I have not been as up to date with this as I wanted to be, but this last class really challenged me and my brain shut down because of the information overload! I am finding the Bible to be a very good book to read, and the lessons that I learn in a book that is almost 2,000 years old are as timely today as they were when it was written.
I do have some challenges with some of the teachings that we are learning. Like, as people under the New Testament, are we still held to the Old Testament laws? Simple answer? Nope, because the New Covenant through Jesus made the Old Covenant (through Moses) obsolete. And it is in the Old Covenant that God set in place a lot of the old laws, including the 10 Commandments.
If we are still held to the old laws, why are women allowed to attend church during their monthly cycle? Why are we allowed to eat shrimp? Why are we allowed to work on Saturday (The original Sabbath day was Saturday. Man changed it to Sunday for connivance)? Why are we allowed to read the word of God without a priest?
These are all laws that God set down for his people. So again, if we New Covenant followers are still held to the Old Covenant laws why do we not follow the old laws?
Here is another topic that will get your head swimming...What if the New Nation of Israel was NOT a geographical location, but a Nation built on faith and Fellowship with God?
Romans 9:6-8 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." In other words, it is not the natural children who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring.
What a concept. After I realized this (by the way, I figured this out on my own through my reading of the textbooks and the Bible) I posted my thoughts in one of our conversations. and the Professor agreed with me and also pointed out some more Scripture to read on this subject.
The other idea that I figured out was the Temple that Jesus said that he was going to rebuild, has already been built. It is built out of Jesus' Resurrection and with the bodies of the believers and followers of Jesus. We do not need to wait for the Temple to be built in the 'end times' because it has and is already being built.
Wow...What a lot to think about. I also answered a question on predestination Vs. Freewill today for class, but I will save that dissertation for next time!
Below is my latest video. Please send me feedback so that I can improve these for you.
With God's Blessing and My Love to you,
Kurt
1 comment:
Good Job!!
It's always a pleasure to listen to your topics!
Post a Comment